Get your assets ready to move to your DAM
So you’re ready to set up home with a new digital asset management tool. Congrats! 🥳
Your assets, however, might not be ready just yet. They could be scattered across your team’s shared drives, tucked away in Google Drive, or sitting hostage in a Dropbox folder.
But fear not! Whilst you’ll need to spend time collecting assets from your teams, it doesn’t have to be a difficult process.
This data migration worksheet will help you organise your images and videos ready to move to your DAM. ✨
Here’s a quick guide on how to use the worksheet:
- List all the people who’ll need to transfer assets to your new DAM
- Create a central file location in a tool like Dropbox, Google Drive or a local network folder - add the link to this location in the worksheet
- Send this worksheet to your teammates and ask them to fill out the fields including: the assets they're
responsible for and the location of their assets (if they’ve got files saved on their computer, they can use your central location link)
- Once everyone’s filled out the worksheet, send this to your DAM vendor ready for migration! 🎉
If you choose Dash, we’ll migrate all your assets for free. We can also work with you to create the best folder structure and taxonomy for your system.
If you need a hand, feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Whittle down your choices and pick the right digital asset management system for you.
Lost in a sea of Canto and Filecamp? Can't tell Bynder from Brandfolder? Want to see how Dash (that's us) stacks up against them, but don't know how to start?
Look no further. 👀
With this ready-made worksheet, you can build your own shortlist of digital asset management software and compare them side-by-side.
We've done (most of) the hard work for you. All you'll need to do is adjust the sheet to make sure you're comparing the things that are the most important to you.
From contract lengths to DAM features, integrations to the quality of customer service, you can lay everything out on the table, ready for you to make the perfect purchase.
Oh, and we've already filled out the Dash column for you. ✨
In this worksheet, you'll find:
- A template for building your DAM shortlist
- Sent to you as an editable Google Sheet or Excel spreadsheet (your choice!)
- All of Dash's information already filled in for you
- Bonus: A glossary of DAM terms, in case our competitor's jargon gets confusing 😉